On a Budget? Check Out 10 European Bike Tours Under $1,000
If you are interested in exploring Europe’s landscape and most popular destinations on a bike—but you are on a budget—you may be surprised to learn there are dozens of one-week, nearly all-inclusive European bike tours available for less than $1,000. Most tours are appropriate for families and novice cyclists, and many have weekly and even daily departures.
You can quickly browse “special value” tours under $750 by clicking here. Or, check out these ten top tours under $1,000 (per person, double occupancy, based on mid-May 2011 exchange rates):
- Danube Bicycle Path (Austria): Experience Europe’s second-most popular bicycle path, which runs along well-signed, dedicated, nearly flat bike paths through vineyards and medieval towns, taking travelers from Passau, Germany to Vienna.
- Mosel Bike Path (Germany): Explore the best-known wine-growing region of Germany along one of its most scenic rivers, with visits to castles and medieval towns. The tour starts in Germany’s 2,000-year old city of Trier and ends at the Rhine.
- Loire Valley (France): Discover the most peaceful part of the Loire Valley with its vineyards, chateaux, quiet villages and medieval towns.
- Provence (France): Take a ride through France’s sunshine country, along the Mediterranean coast and through medieval towns, with visits to architectural masterworks such as the papal palace in Avignon, the Arena in Arles and the Roman aqueduct, Pont du Gard.
- Tuscany (Italy): Experience the “Italian jewel” of landscape and culture as you cycle past castles and hilltop villages, vineyards and olive groves.
- Lake Constance Bicycle Path (Germany, Austria and Switzerland): Circumnavigate one of Europe’s largest lakes and across four islands on Europe’s most popular bicycle path.
- Amsterdam to Brussels by Bike and Boat (Holland and Belgium): Cycle between two historic cities with a stop in the Flemish port town of Antwerp, with lodging on a river barge.
- Prague to Dresden (Czech Republic and Germany): Follow the Vltava and Elbe Rivers from the cultural center of Prague through Saxon Switzerland to Dresden, the so-called “Florence of the North.”
- Brussels to Bruges (Belgium): Explore a region rich with art and historic architecture along the Flanders Cycle Route, which features easy and flat cycling between sea, canals and dunes, with stops at churches, abbeys, castles and windmills.
- Vienna to Budapest (Austria, Slovakia and Hungary): Starting in the “city of charm,” experience untouched nature, little-known artistic treasures and cultural monuments.
As a one-stop resource for bike tours in Europe and beyond, BikeToursDirect handles the entire booking process for these tours—and more than 200 tours offered by nearly 50 European bicycle tour companies in 35 countries. And, we continue to add new tours as we expand into Asia, Africa, and Australia – check back often for special values in these new regions!