Year after year, Austria’s Danube Bicycle Path tops the list of most popular European bicycle routes for BikeTours.com clients, and it is easy to understand why.
The tours highlights include:
- Care-free cycling primarily on a dedicated, paved bicycle path
- Cycling through picturesque medieval towns, lush farmlands, and sprawling vineyards
- A leisurely route perfect for families and first-time cycle tourists
The typical tour is one week and begins in Passau, Germany, the “City of Three Rivers.” It ends in Vienna, Austria’s capital and a top tourist destination, where we suggest clients spend a few extra days. Another plus: the prices are great if you are on a budget, with self-guided tours starting under $800 for one week, which includes hotels, breakfasts, luggage transfers, detailed maps, route information and a service hotline in case any questions or problems arise.
Tours along the Danube take various forms. Here are a few of our most popular options:
- Classic European hotel-based tour. The Danube Bike Path 7 Nights (Classic) tour is the one that started it all. We have offered this tour for 15 years and it’s a favorite to this day. It offers the option of 3- or 4-star accommodations and is self-guided.
- With luxe lodgings. The Danube Bike Path 8 Nights (Upscale Lodging) is a self-guided tour from Passau to Vienna for cycle tourists who want a bit more plush accommodations. The itinerary includes some of the best hotels in the region, so you can play hard and rest hard each day.
- By bike and by boat. On this Bike and Boat tour, cycle tourists stay on a comfortable boat (cabins with shower, toilet, and air conditioning), while cycling at different locales on the Danube Bike Path each day. Cyclists (or non-cyclists) have the option each day to take a break and relax onboard.
- With your family. The Danube Family Tour offers shorter daily distances, due in part to scheduled boat rides along the route on many days. It features stays in family-friendly hotels and incorporates kid-friendly attractions. Activities are included such as a fairytale ride on the grotto railway, visits to zoos and an adventure park, and a ride on the giant Ferris wheel in Vienna.
See all Danube tours>
Tags from the story:
Bike and boat, Guided, Self-guided, Austria, Germany, Danube
Leave a Comment