You know how to ride a bike. You may even do it every weekend on your own, with friends and family, or on an occasional group ride.
But you’re not out there trying to qualify for the Tour de France.
A day of cycling sounds just great to you, as long as it’s leisurely and more about the journey than the destination. Luckily, BikeTours.com has plenty of those “destinations.”
Some top recommendations:
- Medieval Villages of Catalonia — A mostly flat tour along an old converted railway that is now a dedicated dual use cycle and walkway. Options for self-guided or private guided available.
- Mosel Bike Path: Dreamy Mosel Valley from Trier to Koblenz — Relaxed cycling among the vineyards and charming villages of the Mosel region. Features upscale lodging in the area, the perfect places to rest each evening after a leisurely day of cycling.
- Connemara Lazy Days Cycling — Connemara, Ireland is the western wonderland of Europe, where rugged mountains soar above wild Atlantic beaches. This tour is specifically designed for travelers who prefer shorter distances and in-depth explorations of the region.
- Avenue Verte: Paris to London — Connect these two famous cities by the new Avenue Verte, a greenway that traverses through both cities and through the rural areas between. Includes a ferry across the Channel. And bragging rights!
- Provence by Bike and Boat — A leisurely tour in beautiful Provence, France, where you bike by day and sleep aboard a cozy barge at night. Options for guided and self-guided available.
Doesn’t sound like you? Check out more bike tour styles!