You’re pumped. You’re excited. You’re ready for an adventure.
But you’re a newbie.
You’re the one who loves to be active, may or may not be a cyclist, and may or may not have traveled outside your home country (or home county!).
You’re ready to try something new; you’re just a little nervous about it!
Check out the tours below to find a trip that offers shorter daily distances, flatter terrain, peaceful settings, and mostly follow dedicated bicycle paths or quiet back roads.
You’ll be an old pro in no time!
Our top recommendations:
- Treasures of the Donegal Coast (Ireland) — The terrain is challenging, but the electric bike option makes this a great tour for nervous novices who want to give it a bit more effort. All as you cycle along one of the world’s most stunning stretches of coastline.
- Innsbruck to Salzburg: Through the Alps Along River Cycle Trails — Its dedicated bike paths, relatively flat terrain, and beautiful region make it the perfect first tour for newbies.
- Wine and Bike in Hungary’s Balaton Uplands — The tour features low mileage; mostly flat terrain; culinary treasures—and unlimited wine!
- Bolzano – Verona – Venice — This tour boasts an easy to manage itinerary, beautiful Italian cities, and another option to have a guide with a group.
- Holland’s Southern Tour Bike and Barge — This leisurely tour features historic towns, picturesque villages, a rural environment abounding with water, dunes and beaches, and wonderfully flat cycling.
- Amsterdam to Bruges by Bike and Boat — This relaxed tour takes you through the region’s most beautiful cities: Amsterdam, Antwerp, Ghent and Bruges, where you still can feel the charm of the days long gone.
Doesn’t sound like you? Check out more bike tour styles!